Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the Empire... and yourself as well.
After 700 years of peace and prosperity, the Galactic Empire has suddenly been shattered into pieces. The OMNIs, god-like machines which did everything for their human masters, have mysteriously shut down. And humankind, having long since lost the ability to survive on its own, is dangerously close to extinction. But somewhere in a far corner of the Galaxy is Gehenna, a planet of ice and rock and a top-secret facility that is the pinnacle of Imperial Tech and also humanity’s last chance. You are a clone of Admiral Ellys Idaho, a weapon fashioned from flesh, the best Imperial Admiral ever to battle in the stars and you have just been awoken on this planet by its strange and darkly-humorous Guardian, Kaliban, the last functional OMNI to exist. Your mission: skillfully command a battleship through the Empire's now chaotic, violent clusters ––where one wrong move could be your last–– as you try to reactivate the OMNIs and save the future of all humankind. But you must leave Gehenna now.... for time has almost run out.
Advanced Tactics Update (released June 15, 2020)
The “Advanced Tactics” update is a free extension that includes a wide series of new battle features and other support abilities: New weapons, new squadrons, new auxiliary systems for battleships and brand new officers abilities.
- Space exploration in a procedural generated universe.
- Tactical fights between BattleShips and their squadrons fleets.
- A deep and dramatic storyline inspired by our favorite Sci-Fi universe (Foundation, Dune).
- A mix between pixelart style graphics, 3D and HD special effects.
- Prepare to die very often, it's a roguelite game... And it's a hard one...
- Free demo available on Steam
- Supported languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Japanese
Mobile Trailer — YouTube
Advanced Tactics Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Crying Suns inclusion of a well integrated story in a rogue-lite game marks it out as something of an oddity in the genre. Good design and battles that offer just enough tactical depth that even beginners can enjoy themselves.5/5, Pixel Judge
It is one of those titles I would fully recommend to any strategy fan with sci-fi tastes. It came out of nowhere, flying under my radar and sneakily placing itself in my 2019’s top 10 list.9.5/10, Strategy Informer
Crying Suns does right by its predecessors, all while carving out its own space in the genre. The sci-fi tactics game tosses you into the unknown with a need to find answers and a battleship to blast away the opposition. With solid mechanics and a superb story, it’s a good time waiting to be had.8/10, Game Tyrant
About Alt Shift
- Alt Shift is an indie game studio located in the sunny South of France, in the city of Montpellier. We design and develop videogames for PC, Mac and mobile platforms. We also help other companies to create sexy web and mobile app using gamification methods.
- More information
- More information on Alt Shift, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crying Suns Credits
- Julien COTRET
- Game Producer, Scenarist, Developer
- Vincent NOEL
- Game Designer, Lead Developer
- Frédéric LOPEZ
- Art Director
- Mathias BAGLIONI
- UX/UI Designer, Developer
- Christophe SAUVEUR
- Lead Developer
- Bertrand MARGOGNE
- Uriel LACROIX
- Graphist and 2D Animator
- Louis-Julien BERTHE
- Graphist and 2D Animator
- Caroline IMBERT
- Playtest and Communication
- Ian REILEY
- Aymeric SCHWARTZ
- Musician and sound designer
- Sara JAFAAR
- QA tester and playtest assistant