Crying Suns is a tactical rogue-lite that puts you in the role of a space fleet commander as you explore a mysteriously fallen empire. In this story rich experience inspired by Dune and Foundation, each successful run will uncover the truth about the Empire... and yourself as well.
After 700 years of peace and prosperity, the Galactic Empire has suddenly been shattered into pieces. The OMNIs, god-like machines which did everything for their human masters, have mysteriously shut down. And humankind, having long since lost the ability to survive on its own, is dangerously close to extinction. But somewhere in a far corner of the Galaxy is Gehenna, a planet of ice and rock and a top-secret facility that is the pinnacle of Imperial Tech and also humanity’s last chance. You are a clone of Admiral Ellys Idaho, a weapon fashioned from flesh, the best Imperial Admiral ever to battle in the stars and you have just been awoken on this planet by its strange and darkly-humorous Guardian, Kaliban, the last functional OMNI to exist. Your mission: skillfully command a battleship through the Empire's now chaotic, violent clusters ––where one wrong move could be your last–– as you try to reactivate the OMNIs and save the future of all humankind. But you must leave Gehenna now.... for time has almost run out.
- Space exploration in a procedural generated universe.
- Tactical fights between BattleShips and their squadrons fleets.
- A deep and dramatic storyline inspired by our favorite Sci-Fi universe (Foundation, Dune).
- A mix between pixelart style graphics, 3D and HD special effects.
- Prepare to die very often, it's a roguelite game... And it's a hard one...
- Free demo available on Steam
Teaser — YouTube
Logo & Icon
Just from that demo, I’m really digging it! I love the art, which blends 2D pixel imagery with 3D models, and the more sedate pacing and variety of experiences made me feel very much in command of such a big ship.Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
It looks excellent, and aims to blend the tight resource management and decision making of FTL with more freeform exploration, putting a bigger emphasis on story than FTL did.Samuel Horti, PC Gamer
After playing the demo, I feel this is one to keep an eye on.Dominic Tarason, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
About Alt Shift
- Alt Shift is an indie game studio located in the sunny South of France, in the city of Montpellier. We design and develop videogames for PC, Mac and mobile platforms. We also help other companies to create sexy web and mobile app using gamification methods.
- More information
- More information on Alt Shift, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crying Suns Credits
- Julien COTRET
- Game Producer, Scenarist, Developer
- Vincent NOEL
- Game Designer, Lead Developer
- Frédéric LOPEZ
- Art Director
- Mathias BAGLIONI
- UX/UI Designer, Developer
- Christophe SAUVEUR
- Lead Developer
- Bertrand MARGOGNE
- Uriel LACROIX
- Graphist and 2D Animator
- Louis-Julien BERTHE
- Graphist and 2D Animator
- Caroline IMBERT
- Playtest and Communication
- Ian REILEY
- Aymeric SCHWARTZ
- Musician and sound designer
- Sara JAFAAR
- QA tester and playtest assistant